Business and Transaction StructuresWhen buying, selling or reorganizing a business, proper structuring of the transaction can result in significant tax benefits. Properly assessing the tax advantages and disadvantages of various forms of business ownership may determine the success of the venture. We take into account Federal and state income and transfer taxes in structuring the affairs of clients to best achieve their wealth preservation objectives.
Our familiarity with the complex structures that frequently characterize business transactions is comprehensive and includes:
- Helping clients clarify their goals and strategies for the proposed transaction
- Determining which form of business entity is best
- Structuring offer letters and letters of intent, and preparing necessary contracts
- Establishing and maintaining shareholder agreements, buy sell agreements and partnership or operating agreements
- Analyzing and structuring ownership succession planning among family generations or third-party purchasers